The New Orleans Public Library wants you to be safe during the COVID-19 epidemic. Below are the resources they are offering to New Orleans area residents.
Ask a Librarian
Need help? To speak with a Librarian by calling 504.383.4682. A Librarian is available Monday through Thursday from 9 am-7 pm or Friday from 9 am-5 pm.
You may also submit a request by clicking on the Ask-A-Librarian button at the top of their website.
Or, submit your questions anytime at askalibrarian.nolalibrary.org.
E-Resources for Everyone
There is something for everyone at the Library. All you need is your Library card!
- Access New Orleans’ Culture at the Library The Library has partnered with several cultural institutions throughout New Orleans to offer passes for free entry for Library cardholders.
- eMagazines on Flipster Read the latest issue of your favorite magazine from your computer or mobile device.
- Stream Indie Flicks and Documentaries with Kanopy Watch over 30,000 selected independent, foreign language, classic, and documentary films.
- lynda.com Free access to a massive online training resource for self-paced and on-demand video tutorials taught by recognized industry professionals.
- Free Music for Download or Streaming on Freegal Choose from over 9 million songs.
- NOLA Library App Access the New Orleans Public Library anytime, anywhere on your mobile device. Quickly find our locations, hours, and contact info, check your Library account, learn about upcoming events, and more.
- Louisiana Jobs & Career Center Resources for those seeking new careers, changing jobs, or needing help preparing for the job market, as well as access to free workforce development classes.
- Learn a New Language Choose from 80 languages to learn with Pronunciator, our free language learning service.
- Louisiana Division/City Archives & Special Collections Explore this department’s books, periodicals, photos, microfilms, and online resources.
- Computer Help A comprehensive list of all New Orleans Public Library computer assistance services.
Please keep all checked out materials until the Library reopens.
All due dates and late fees are suspended during the closure.
All drop boxes are locked and unavailable during the closure.
Orleans Parish residents who don’t have Library accounts can sign up for temporary ones at getacard.nolalibrary.org
and can access almost all of their e-Resources.